Friday, July 08, 2005

Shoe Circus

NO MILES FOR MORE THAN A WEEK

So -- I'm less than three weeks away from SF Half Marathon and four months away from New York. And no running. I am filled with shame, but I have a good excuse. The shinsplints are here. And so is a new layer of flab.

Is it my destiny to have shinsplints if I run? Do I need to give up the sport? I'm not sure. But I've decided to see if throwing money at the problem will help it go away. And what's the best thing to spend money on if you're a runner? New shoes.

So, last weekend, I went to my neighborhood running store to get a new pair of shoes. I have been running on two pairs of Mizuno Wave Nirvana stability shoes and determined that after 8 months they might be getting a little bit soft. Plus, some had suggested that I upgrade to a "motion-control" shoe (read gigantic brick that you strap to your foot and makes an uncomfortable clomp sound when you step on it.)

After the salesperson convened a scientific conference to analyze my feet, my gait and my peculiar odor, it was decided that the store didn't have an appropriate shoe for me, that one would have to be ordered for me to try.

Meanwhile, my leg still hurts and I'm starting to panic.

Comments:
Hang in there! It's frustrating, but you *will* get better and run those races.
 
I used to get shinsplints, but I finally found the right shoe and they magically went away. Ice & advil, of course, but the shoes made all the difference. Now I'm never switching shoes!
 
I am looking everywhere for clothing shoes accessory and clothing shoes accessory, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your clothing shoes accessory blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

Thanks for the great posts...

jon
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
No one would think that blogging can be so much fun. I have been posting for days now. It's fun to meet people. I will type in a random term with the word blog and there I am. Time to find another great blog. guess purse should lead me somewhere. Take care.
 
Writing for a living could be fun. If life were just blogs, life would be fun. Like a blog on purse handles could be boring, or even purse handles, but the point is that a blog like yours is original and gets a person thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could write and be happy online.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?