Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Hey Jealousy

I am enflamed with envy. Jealousy is spreading through my loins.

Driving to work this morning, it was a typical glorious sunny day. Joggers abounded, putting one foot gracefully in front of the other, basking in their morning dance on the sidewalks and paths of Monterey County.

Why, oh, why can't I be among them? I have promised myself I will not run for another week, hoping to rid myself of pesky shinsplints once and for all. But I find myself missing it more and more. It could just be my imagination, but I'm beginning to suspect that my belly is starting to cast a slightly larger shadow over my belt than it was just a couple weeks ago.

I can't wait to get back out on the trails; that's both a surprising and scary thought to come flowing out of my sausage-like fingers. I guess it's a good sign for someone who used to look at runners and be filled with a smug sense of superiority: look at those idiots, they're out there sweating like suckers while I'm using this great car invention, bully for me!

Now, it's just a mixture of jealousy, pride and a feeling of belonging.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?