Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hitting the right notes.

DistanceTimeRoutePace
Not SureDon't KnowThis, I can tell you, but isn't it a little more appealing to leave something to the imagination?Couldn't say.


I had a great fulfilling run today. But I forgot to hit my watch. And since I got out of bed late and was already late to work, I didn't drive out my route, so I don't know how long I ran. But I think I ran a little more than an hour.

My route was a hill-intensive one, with three big climbs. At the top of the biggest, I raised my arms and grunted in triumph. I felt like Rocky.

But the biggest development of today's run had little to do with my legs. It had more to do with my ears. I've ditched the radio and the soothing, nasal voices of NPR's Morning Edition in ifavor of an MP3 player. What an amazing device. Listen to a bunch of music, (like 1,000 songs) no commericials, small enough to fit in the old radio armband.

I was skeptical of these things for a long time. I have a friend who deemed the iPod a "$300 disposable Walkman." But as I was running today, listening to old Michael Jackson ("Wanna be Starting Somethin'"), I unconsciously let out a falsetto "yeah, yeah!" along with the gloved one. People, who had gathered around a sedan in a neighborhood driveway, looked at me like I was crazy. I knew the gadget was made for me.

By the way, what the heck are the lyrics to "Wanna be Starting Something"? Is it really "You can hide in a river? (yeah yeah) It's too low to get under?" I can't make anything out after that. Michael was funky before he got weird. Now, the only place he'll be jamming on to is jail. Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?