Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Moon over Monterey

If, lord willing, I finish the marathon in triumph, I know what I'm going to do to celebrate. I'll take my cues from my home team, the Minnesota Vikings, and their star wide receiver the cl(ass)y Randy Moss.

When Randy fake-mooned those cheese-eating Lambeau fans, I was aghast with glee. And I began to imagine my own triumph. I can see it in my head now: On my right, the CrossRoads shopping village. On my left, the peaceful neighborhoods of Carmel. The throngs of fans, the thousands who finished the race earlier than me, and, the middle of it all, my derriere, a sight for all to see. Awesome.

Will the commissioner fune me? Is there a commissioner of marathon running? Maybe I should bring a Sharpie and sign my shoes, too. I'll hand them to my agent. Wait, I don't have an agent.

But seriously, I have a feeling that any bending over I do after the marathon will be related to cramps and nausea, not celebration. Sigh. We can't all be superstars. We can't all be featured on ESPN.

In running-related news, I went to the dentist today, my cold is getting better, and I think I'm going to try to run an easy four miler tonight on the treadmill to prepare to run in San Diego this weekend. I haven't run in three days, and my legs are getting itchy. (I wonder what those red bumps are...)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?