Friday, January 14, 2005

Headin' south

I'm running in the Carlsbad Half Marathon this weekend with my ΓΌber-athletic sister. She will be in the 8:00 min. pace group. I will be in the 11:00 min. pace group. I hope to finish in under 2 hours, 30 mins. We'll see.

This is my first race, my first athletic competition since this Infamous Badger Herald vs. Daily Cardinal touch football games we had in college. You haven't seen anything until you've seen drunken newspaper geeks face off against each other on the grid-iron on a cool, Madison day. The best part of going to the sidelines: keg stands.

So this is my first athletic competition since high school that won't involve beer or cheese. Wish me luck. And pity the people who finish behind me, for their eyes may never recover from the shock.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?