Monday, January 03, 2005

Glad the Holidays are over

DistanceTimeRoutePace
5 miles55:01My house, General Jim Moore to the Burger King and back11 minutes per mile


I love the Holiday because of my daughter and family but loathe them because of everything else.
It felt good to get back out there. I took a few days off. The rain, of course, made it easier to bag it. I was told that if you take more than two days off, you lose half of what you gained on the previous run. Take 3 days off and its like you never ran. Well, I took 5 days off. And it felt like it.
However, I made a good final push. The first 3 miles were actually pretty easy. A few rolling hills but after the turn it is uphill for about a mile. I tired out there. Still, I found myself gliding the last 1.5 miles, and cruised up to my house not too winded.

There is a realization that these past two weeks have hurt my training. I didn't get that many runs in over the holidays and I am certainly paying for it. However, I feel really good today. I feel like a few more runs of this caliber and I can make a big push next week. My goal is to get to double digits (10 miles) by Jan. 12. I've already finished an 8-miler and really think that I can hit 10 miles soon. That would be significant.

Anyways, I'm sure Segal will have something a bit funnier to read. So, ta-ta.


Comments:
UNBELIEVABLE....Do you know or have you ever heard of Gotting Money from small business grants ..If you are interested in finding out how to get more info on small business grants visit us at http://allgrants4u.com... There are so many things you can get grants for.. Homes, school, work, business, college..ect.. Find out how everybody is getting money from small business grants today... Quit living in poverty educate yourself and improve your life..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?