Friday, January 28, 2005

Friday Mailbag!!! (And a new Kenny Column.)

First of all, in this week's print edition of The Longest Mile, Kenny explains what keeps him running. Apparently, his first motivation was beating me. Now that I've put that goal woefully out of reach, Kenny restates his goals. Everyone grab a Kleenex®, this one's a real tear-jerker.

Big shout-outs to those who wrote with advice on aches and pains, especially Chelle and Derek.

Now, here's the second-ever dose of Friday Mailbag:

From: Alison Crotty
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:10 PM
To: jonsegal@hotmail.com
Subject: photos

Hi Jonathon
I have been following your story online from Melbourne (Australia, not Florida) and really, what is this no-shirt thing? What did any of those other people running the event ever do to you?

Very best wishes for Big Sur in April.

Alison

Ed: Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Subject: Carlsbad
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:09:19 -0800 (PST)
From: John Cerney
To: jsegal@montereyherald.com

Jonathan,
Just wanted to congratulate you on your very respectable finish at Carlsbad. I can tell that you are progressing at a good pace and are building confidence for Big Sur.
As for your water-stop issues, may I suggest that you slow down to a brisk walk through them so that you can consume any liquids and give yourself a little breather. There's no shame in shutting down momentarily....you'll likely need a few walk breaks the last 6-8 miles of the marathon. Good luck.
-- A follower in Salinas

Subject: Big Sur
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:20:43 -0500 (EST)
From: "Brad Vest"
To: kottmar@montereyherald.com, jsegal@montereyherald.com

Okay, I am addicted to reading both of your 'columns' in the Big Sur website. This will be my first marathon and I am training as hard as I can. On days I just don't feel like running, I read your column and think, "do I really want to get beat by these guys?!" :)

Today was one of those days. It was 12 degrees, windchill of - 25 with 4 inches of snow on the ground. I sat at my desk, read today's entry about the 1/2 marathon, and got off my butt and went and ran 6 miles outside.

You guys really inspire me and I hope to be able to meet you when I get to Big Sur in April. Keep up the training and the hard work and we'll have a beer together at the finish line!

Take Care,

Brad Vest




Comments:
Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit Carlsbad remodeling and you can see what a little change can create..
 
Suprise Suprise open your eyes...Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit Carlsbad room additions and you can see what a little change can create..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?