Saturday, November 27, 2004

I am a human gerbil.


DistanceTimeRoutePace
6.0 mi.69:20 min.treadmill11:33

This was the first time I doubted that I would be able to run the Big Sur Marathon. I journeyed to my parents' health club with my sister and a raging hangover in tow. The place was throbbing with humanity. So, I thought, this is where all the people go when it's cold in Minnesota. This was my worst run to date. I had to stop and walk. On the treadmill. My little sister, on the other hand, ran 7-minute mile after 7-minute mile, all the while yelling at me to drink water and hold my hands up in the air like Nixon leaving the White House. All the ladies were staring, and not in a good way. A couple more runs like this, and she won't have old Jon to kick around any more. Maybe I shouldn't have had that sixth beer the night before. There weren't even any hills.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?